IEEE Communications Society is kindly offering a limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) to support full-time students attending IEEE LatinCom 2022 on-site as authors. To be eligible for IEEE ComSoc STG grants, the applicant must be a Student Member of IEEE ComSoc (bear in mind that being an IEEE Student Member alone does not make an applicant eligible). These grants encourage participation by students who would normally find it difficult to attend. Women, minorities, beginning graduate students, and first-time LATINCOM attendees, are especially encouraged to apply. Besides, the applicant may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period. Each IEEE-sponsored travel grant is up to US$500.
- Each applicant must be a Student Member or Graduate Student Member of the IEEE Communications Society at the time he/she applies for the grant;
- Each applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in IEEE LATINCOM 2022 and present it at the conference;
- Each applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor’s, Masters’s, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, or related field in a college or university when submitting the application;
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicant must show proof of having registered to attend IEEE LATINCOM 2022 as an author.
A student awarded a student travel grant must register, attend and present the paper at the conference. Payment will only be made to grant recipients who submit the expense report within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive a ComSoc Student Travel Grant.
How to apply for Comsoc Grant
Please submit your application request to the Student Travel Grant Chairs, Dr. Cesar Augusto Azurdia (email@example.com), Dr. Juliano Fischer Naves (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Dr. Sandra Céspedes (email@example.com) with a mandatory title: “IEEE LATINCOM 2022 STG Application: Your Full Name”. The application must include the name of the applicant, IEEE member number, the name of the paper submitted, and an electronic copy (pdf) of the IEEE student membership and ComSoc membership certificates.
- Application deadline: October 30, 2022
- Acceptance notification: November 15, 2022
Please address any questions to the Student Travel Grant Chair, with a mandatory title: “IEEE LATINCOM 2022 STG Question: Your Full Name”.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics unrelated to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. For more information on the IEEE policy visit http://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination/.